Breaking

Sunday, May 13, 2018

What Is First Person? (with Examples







The term first person refers to the speaker
himself or a group that includes the speaker (i.e., I, me, we, and us).











The personal pronouns (I, you, he, she, it, we,
you, they) are grouped into one of three categories:






First person: I and we


Second person: you


Third person: He/She/It and They


Note: Second person refers to the speaker's
audience (i.e., you). Third person refers to everybody else (e.g., he, him,
she, her, it, they, them), including all other nouns (e.g., Craig, Germans,
ant, mice).


Examples of First Person Pronouns in Different
Cases


Here are the first person pronouns in the
subjective case, the objective case, and the possessive case:







PersonSubjective CaseObjective CasePossessive Case
Possessive Adjective
Possessive Case
Absolute Possessive Pronouns
First Person SingularI

Example: I like cheese.
me

Example: He likes me.
my

Example: This is my car.
mine

This is mine.
First Person Pluralwe

Example: Wehate celery.
us

Example: They hate us.
our

Example: This is our house.
ours

Example: This is ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Write an email to your friend inviting him to join a picnic

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *