Breaking

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

How Do I Love Thee - E.B. Browning






How Do
I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)


Elizabeth
Barrett Browning, 1806 – 1861


How do
I love thee? Let me count the ways.


I love
thee to the depth and breadth and height


My soul
can reach, when feeling out of sight


For the
ends of being and ideal grace.


I love
thee to the level of every day’s


Most
quiet need, by sun and candle-light.


I love
thee freely, as men strive for right;


I love
thee purely, as they turn from praise.


I love
thee with the passion put to use


In my
old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.


I love
thee with a love I seemed to lose


With my
lost saints. I love thee with the breath,


Smiles,
tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,


I shall
but love thee better after death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Write an email to your friend inviting him to join a picnic

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *